"The Mausoleum of Che Guevara" Santa Clara by Alain_Smeets
Santa Clara Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 119 photos
On our way from Trinidad to Santiago de Cuba, we had a stop at the mausoleum of Che Guevara. Outside you see the monument that they erected for this freedom fighter.
In the mausoleum, you can find lot’s of information about his life and his ideas. He tried to spread his message of freedom around the world especially in South-America, but he was even in Congo in 1965.
He was killed on 30 October 1967 in Bolivia and when they found his remains in June 1997, they were brought to Santa Clara. He’s resting in the mausoleum next to other Cuban freedom fighters.
When you look around, maybe you will find a Cuban who will sell you this note of Che. Many tourists want to get their... more travel advice
When you walk towards the monument, you can take a look to the surrounding garden. You will notice the same advertising... more travel advice
Alain_Smeets' Related Pages
Santa Clara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Generation of the sixtees"
- "The Che Mausoleum"
- "Santa Clara - one of my favourite places"
- "Welcome to Santa Clara, "La ciudad del Che""
- "SANTA CLARA."
- "The Mausoleum of Che Guevara"
- "silvia-m.b's new Santa Clara Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Clara
- Hotels in Santa Clara
- Transportation in Santa Clara
- Nightlife in Santa Clara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Clara
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Santa Clara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Clara
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: holding our breath"
- Commented on one of Nanumi's Santa Clara travel pages
- Wrote a Review The red 3-peso note of Che Guevara in Santa Clara Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "The red 3-peso note of Che Guevara"
- created a Santa Clara Travel Page "The Mausoleum of Che Guevara"
Photos in Santa ClaraSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Machu Picchu Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Molenbeersel Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chobe National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues