"Hot and swinging Santiago de Cuba" Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Cuba by Alain_Smeets

Santiago de Cuba Travel Guide: 145 reviews and 367 photos

Santiago de Cuba stays in my mind as a hot and swinging city. It’s very hot here when the sun shines and when your casa isn’t cool it’s very difficult to get a good nights rest. (You can read about it in my hotel/accommodation tip.) We met a great old guy Ernesto who took us for a walk in the city. (See my travelogue: Walking with Ernesto through Santiago.)

But also the surrounding areas are worth to visit, like you have the Castillo el Morro (See my travelogue: A visit to Castille el Morro.) and the Cayo Gramma, we visited them the same day. (See my travelogue: Lunch at Cayo Gramma.) And you also have a good nightlife in Santiago de Cuba. So a real swinging hot city.

• In a nutshell:Santiago is a real swinging hot city
  • Last visit to Santiago de Cuba: May 2000
  • Intro Updated Jun 8, 2003

• evona's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2004 at 4:34 AM

Nice pics!!! I would like go there one day. I will back to see your another pages!!Thanks for your nice comments!!! Greetings :)

• RickL's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2003 at 7:54 PM

I liked all of your travellogues! I'll be back to read some more. Thanks!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2003 at 2:42 PM

Santiago the best place to be at Cuba. I was there the 31th dec 1978 at the 20 th anniversary of the revolution in a immense crowd at the central plaza. Nice travelogues.

Alain_Smeets

“We don`t regret the things we did, but the ones we didn`t do.”

Badges & Stats in Santiago de Cuba

Have you been to Santiago de Cuba?

Latest Activity in Santiago de Cuba