"Mauritius Feb 2004" Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius by Weener

Mauritius Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 278 photos

February 2004

Mauritius is a little gem of an island, 2000km from Southern Africa.

I returned from Mauritius in February 2004 from my wedding and honeymoon. I stayed in Grand Baie. I loved Mauritius and. The beaches are beautiful, the weather is great, and the people are wonderful. Mauritius is an interesting mix of Creole, Indian, Chinese, African and European. Because of the diversity of people, the food is an excellent mix.

The language spoken is Creole, and French, yet a lot of people understand or can converse in English.

The two drawbacks with my stay in Mauritius - tourists have a tendancy to get ripped off in when staying in hotels, and the coral reef of mauritius has suffered damage through tourism.

• Pros:Diversity of food, culture, people.
  • Cons:Tourism - over priced and destructive.
  • In a nutshell:Tropical Paradise?
  • Last visit to Mauritius: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 30, 2006

• Maximilian21's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 8:56 PM

Great page on my home country. Thanks

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2006 at 12:33 AM

Lovely tips & gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing (but why were there ducks (?) at your wedding? Cute!) Sound advice in your "tourist trap". Greetings from Dubai :-) Jess

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 2:38 PM

i so wanna go there

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2005 at 1:22 AM

My other half is going on about a trip to Mauritius perhaps he will propose this Dec on our trip to Cape Town & we can go there for honeymoon - wishfull thinking maybe

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2005 at 1:07 AM

Great tips & photo's of a gorgeous island! Hope you had a great birthday! Blu

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2005 at 5:43 PM

What a wonderful place... Welcome to Melbourne.. I just moved here myself.

• inconnu's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 4:39 PM

The photos are great ! is it possible to marry in Mauritius if I am foreigner ?

• Siddha3th's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2004 at 6:36 AM

Yeah, Mauritius is definitely something out of a dream. Can't wait to get there! Beautiful wedding photographs and useful info, Erica. Here's hoping you get to Goa sooner rather than later. Bye...

• andrea.d's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2004 at 3:29 PM

Nice page & lovely wedding pics! :)

• Jul 8, 2004 at 2:17 AM

Erica , nice page and phtographs.

Weener

“Live with the past, enjoy the present, trust the future”

Badges & Stats in Mauritius

Have you been to Mauritius?

Latest Activity in Mauritius