"Mauritius Feb 2004" Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius by Weener
Mauritius Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 278 photos
Mauritius is a little gem of an island, 2000km from Southern Africa.
I returned from Mauritius in February 2004 from my wedding and honeymoon. I stayed in Grand Baie. I loved Mauritius and. The beaches are beautiful, the weather is great, and the people are wonderful. Mauritius is an interesting mix of Creole, Indian, Chinese, African and European. Because of the diversity of people, the food is an excellent mix.
The language spoken is Creole, and French, yet a lot of people understand or can converse in English.
The two drawbacks with my stay in Mauritius - tourists have a tendancy to get ripped off in when staying in hotels, and the coral reef of mauritius has suffered damage through tourism.
- Pros:Diversity of food, culture, people.
- Cons:Tourism - over priced and destructive.
- In a nutshell:Tropical Paradise?
This island has to be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The beaches are just how you expect a tropical island... more travel advice
Pamplemousse Gardens, which loosely translated means grapefruit garden. About 25 minutes from Grand baie. All sorts of... more travel advice
Weener's Related Pages
Mauritius Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mauritius - A Colourful Island Paradise"
- "Mauritius Feb 2004"
- "The South of Mauritius"
- "île maurice"
- "august 19th-sept 3rd 2006"
- "Mauritius - the romantic island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mauritius
- Hotels in Mauritius
- Transportation in Mauritius
- Nightlife in Mauritius
- Restaurants in Mauritius
- Shopping in Mauritius
- Warnings and Dangers in Mauritius
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mauritius
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Mauritius?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mauritius
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 7 travelogues
- Miami Beach Intro, 25 reviews, 17 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Turkey Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Cairo Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos