"BluecatCanoe's Pearl River Page" Pearl River by BluecatCanoe

Pearl River Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 17 photos

Bluecat Canoe's In Pearl River

I canoe out of Pearl River, La. 5 miles north of Slidell, LA. Here are a few pictures of the West Pearl River and the Honey Island Swamp. I have a cottage on a creek where I keep my canoe and camp gear. Here is a web page with a little history of the Pearl River--
I decided to make my cabin in Pearl River my full time residence after the Hurricane flooded Fig House. So I added on a room to paint in and have been fixin' up the place. I will be closer to my canoe and the swamp but farther away from the music and restaurants of New orleans.

Town Growth

I wasn't the only one moving back to Pearl River after the storm. The elevation is at least 20 feet above sea level so a bunch of folks are now building homes all around my cabin in the woods. The highway is full of cars at rush hours and new business poping up all over like weeds. And I do mean weeds as some look like junk. From nice country town to a row of metal buildings insted of the large pine tress that are removed to make way for concrete. My neighbor wants to move but I told him it is like this anywhere close, so get used to it.

• Last visit to Pearl River: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 20, 2007

• Nov 11, 2006 at 11:50 PM

When I was a kid in Illinois, we called them lightening bugs. I always hated it when the neighbor kids smeared one for a "ring" affect on their finger. They were such cool bugs...

• Feb 20, 2003 at 9:45 AM

Honey Island Swamp looks like heaven to me !! great page Jerry !!

BluecatCanoe

“Free Bluecat”

Badges & Stats in Pearl River

Have you been to Pearl River?