"french paradise in the caribbean" Martinique by hanspeter_W.
Martinique Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 352 photos
With the exception of two short periods of British occupation, Martinique has followed the same course of history and government as France since 1635. The island’s administrative and political structures have been identical to those of French Departments (states) since 1946, when Martinique officially became a Department itself. It was granted the further status of Region in 1974. Fort-de-France is the administrative and commercial capital of the island.
hanspeter_W.'s Related Pages
Martinique Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Martinique des anses aux mornes (bays to hills)"
- "La Martinique"
- "BuickMackane's Martinique Page"
- "Martinique - December 2006"
- "Little France in the Caribbean"
- "Welcome to Madinina, the Flowers’ Island."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Martinique
- Hotels in Martinique
- Transportation in Martinique
- Nightlife in Martinique
- Restaurants in Martinique
- Shopping in Martinique
- Warnings and Dangers in Martinique
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pudu Ulu Hotels
- Gatlinburg Hotels
- Blue Mountain Beach Hotels
- Montreal Hotels
- Mill Run (Fallingwater) Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Gangtok Hotels
- Long Valley Junction Hotels
- Table Rock State Park Hotels
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park Hotels
- Naga City Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Wisconsin Dells Hotels
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Hotels
- Laoag City
- Madgaon Hotels
Badges & Stats in Martinique
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Martinique?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Martinique
Top 10 Pages
- State of Sabah Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kenya Intro, 25 reviews, 53 photos
- Burma Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos
- Gonder Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos
- South Korea Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uganda Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bohol Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos
- Phuket Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Nicaragua Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
Top Martinique hotels