"mandeville a real jamaican town" Mandeville by hanspeter_W.
Mandeville Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 11 photos
The town stands at an altitude of 628 m (2061 feet) towering over the Don Figuerero Mountains; thus, it is said to be the coolest of town in Jamaica. The uniqueness of the tropical paradise is even more historic as it is the only capital city in Jamaica that is not near the sea coast or any major river.
Mandeville’s population, in 2005, was believed to be between 50,000 and 72,000 people. It comprises many intellectuals and returning residents from America, mainly from England; so much so that it was sometimes called the "English Town" .
Read more: http://www.my-island-jamaica.com/mandeville_jamaica.html#ixzz1oGSssJna
- Pros:see the typical jamaican life
- Cons:no beach around
- In a nutshell:the biggest town in uphills
a string of sleepy fishing villages located off the beaten track on Jamaica's desert south coast a community-based... more travel advice
hanspeter_W.'s Related Pages
Mandeville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rasta_Rob's Mandeville Page"
- "mandeville a real jamaican town"
- "Mandeville: A little town nestled in the mountains"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mandeville
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Mandeville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mandeville
Photos in MandevilleSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- State of Sabah Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kenya Intro, 25 reviews, 53 photos
- Burma Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos
- Gonder Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos
- South Korea Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uganda Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bohol Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos
- Phuket Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Nicaragua Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos