"VINALES BEAUTFUL HILLY PLACE" Viñales by hanspeter_W.
Viñales Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 289 photos
The Viñales valley is an outstanding karst landscape in which traditional methods of agriculture (notably tobacco growing) have survived unchanged for several centuries. The region also preserves a rich vernacular tradition in its architecture, its crafts, and its music.
The Viñales valley is encircled by mountains and its landscape is interspersed with dramatic rocky outcrops. Traditional techniques are still in use for agricultural production, particularly of tobacco. The quality of this cultural landscape is enhanced by the vernacular architecture of its farms and villages, where a rich multi-ethnic society survives, illustrating the cultural development of the islands of the Caribbean, and of Cuba.
Hotel Los Jasmines is located in the Valle de Vinales, in the charming town of Vinales. Just an easy fifteen miles from... more travel advice
hanspeter_W.'s Related Pages
Viñales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nature trip"
- "Beautiful Vinãles and his Morgotes"
- "Cuba's most beautiful valley"
- "Vinales: mogotes & cowboys"
- "The western province"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Viñales
- Hotels in Viñales
- Transportation in Viñales
- Nightlife in Viñales
- Restaurants in Viñales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Viñales
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Viñales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Viñales
Photos in ViñalesSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- State of Sabah Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kenya Intro, 25 reviews, 53 photos
- Burma Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos
- Gonder Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos
- South Korea Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uganda Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bohol Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos
- Phuket Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Nicaragua Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos