"West Montrose" Waterloo by nighthawk
Waterloo Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 103 photos
Since it was first built, the West Montrose bridge has been labelled as "the kissing bridge," the traditional toll being a kiss. After all, it was secluded and it was against the law to travel over any bridge faster than a walk. Local girls learned to be wary when their escort's horse stopped inside the bridge without any command from the driver.
The bridge was recognized as an historic site by the Ontario Archaeological and Historic Sties Board in 1960. In 1975, the bridge was designated as a heritage site.
The red bridge stands out against the green meadows and surrounding park area in the summer. Even in November, when I visited, it was beautiful and we stayed here for quite some time.
More information on this bridge can be found on the website :... more travel advice
nighthawk's Related Pages
Waterloo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Urban & Rural Waterloo Region - by Ifrah"
- "University, Life Insurance, Blackberry, Mennonites"
- ""Waterloo - couldn't escape if I wanted to"..."
- "West Montrose"
- "A High Tech Vertex"
- "Waterloo - Promise to love you for ever more"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waterloo
- Transportation in Waterloo
- Nightlife in Waterloo
- Restaurants in Waterloo
- Shopping in Waterloo
- Warnings and Dangers in Waterloo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waterloo
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (110)
Have you been to Waterloo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waterloo
Photos in WaterlooSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues