"Broek op Langendijk" Broek op Langedijk by nighthawk
Broek op Langedijk Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 16 photos
Broek op Langendijk is a lovely little village. When you walk or drive through you may not think too much of it but when you get on a (whisper) boat to explore the village I am sure you will change your mind and get to love it.
Bol is located 10 km north east of Alkmaar, to the east of it is Heerhugowaard.
It is a rural and agrarian area, to the west is a woody area.
Just some miles from it is the North sea coast, with places like the artistic Bergen and the dunes in Schoorl/Groet.
The polder in which Broek is located is called the Geestmerambacht.
Broek is known for its historic culture of agrarian and wet surroundings. On many little islands one found the horticulture of growing cabbages, therefor this area was known as "thousand island empire".
Just a little part of this empire remains in the Oosterdel area.
nighthawk's Related Pages
Broek op Langedijk Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Broek op Langedijk
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (110)
Have you been to Broek op Langedijk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Broek op Langedijk
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues