"Den Ham" Den Ham by nighthawk
Den Ham Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
Den Ham is just some houses along the main road and, just off the road, a church and a cemetry.
Less than half a mile away from it is the 'Hamsterborg' or 'Huis Piloersma'.
This is a beautiful farm, and it shows the wealth it s former owner had.
At first this was a stonehouse, a fortified house for country nobility. Later on a barn was built on. Its most famous owner were a family called De Mepsche.
The house suffered severely during the violences that took place during the Eighty year war. There are notes found that mention a lot of rubble.
Johan de Mepsche simply had the house rebuilt in 1633.
Nowadays the house is in use as conference centre, guesthouse, restaurant and there s also a small museum.
A foundation called ''Friends of the Piloersmaborg" maintain the farm animals that are at the grounds.
nighthawk's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Den Ham
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Den Ham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Den Ham
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues