"Eelde-Paterswolde" Eelde by nighthawk
Eelde Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 24 photos
Eelde or Elde as it sometimes one was called, belonged to the parish Noordenveld in the old days.The oldest known notation in which Eelde is mentioned, is from 1139.
There s also an official document from 1250 and later on one from 1275 - then calling it Elethe and in 1294 it is called Elede.
It is known that people lived here before 1139, yet it is not known how far back. A burial hill and *veenterpen* are proof of early habitation in this land of sand and moor.
***** Under construction ***** :-)
A crisp sunny day....we just had to go out for a walk....but it was COLD!!!
Water, whatever the weather, always draws me to it. Yet I do not like to swim very much, it s just the nearness of water that soothes me.
Lights on the boats reflecting in the water, happy campers talking, the city at the other city of the lake brightly... more travel advice
In summer the lake is swamped with boats, surf boards. It is just great to have an outing when the sun is about to set. more travel advice
nighthawk's Related Pages
Eelde Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Eelde
- Transportation in Eelde
- Nightlife in Eelde
- Warnings and Dangers in Eelde
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eelde
- 20 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (110)
Have you been to Eelde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eelde
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues