"The polders" Finsterwolde by nighthawk
Finsterwolde Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 5 photos
Whenever you find yourself near Delfzijl, go and visit the Carel Coenraadpolder, the Reiderpolder, the Stadspolder, the Johannes Kerkhovenpolder and the Breebaartpolder.
The latter has the so called "Punt van Reide", a nature area with scenic views towards Germany and the land next to it.
Human habitat seems far away and one can feel the silence.
Especially in spring or late summer it' beautiful.
Leaving Delfzijl, driving towards Termunten, one first sees nothing but industry and then, just before turning left towards the dyke, one find remains of little villages that were torn down for industry: the little church of Heveskes, a shed, a farm, and then, on the dyke, gravestones of the former village of Oterdum.
Even on a day like this, when I took the picture, cold and grey, it still shows it s beauty ..
Just empty land...
nighthawk's Related Pages
Finsterwolde Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Finsterwolde
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (110)
Have you been to Finsterwolde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finsterwolde
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues