"Fraeylemaborg , Slochteren" Fraeylemaborg by nighthawk
Fraeylemaborg Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 27 photos
A fortified house probably stood here already in the 13th century.
In 1475 Fraeylemaheerd, which is a farm, is mentioned in some paper.
The manor is dated mainly from the second half of the 18th century due to renovation and restauration.
Another restauration took place in the years between 1970 and 1980.
Because of inheritation the manor part of the estate of the family of Rengers in the 16th century.
Due to lack of funds the manor gets sold off to H. Piccardt. Piccardt was married to Anna Rengers, sister of the selling party Evert Rengers.
A daughter of Veldman inherits the manor and she passes it on to her grandson, part of the family Hoop Van Slochteren.
The family Hoop van Slochteren gave the manor to the "Gerrit van Houten Foundation" in 1972.
Gerrit van Houten was a gifted artist who became phycotic at a very young age. A room in the manor still is dedicated to him.
haha saw that sign too late!! unfortunately I could not take a photograph of it for the keepers of the manor were... more travel advice
nighthawk's Related Pages
Fraeylemaborg Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Fraeylemaborg
- Restaurants in Fraeylemaborg
- Warnings and Dangers in Fraeylemaborg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fraeylemaborg
- 24 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Fraeylemaborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fraeylemaborg
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues