"Passing by on my bike" Garmerwolde by nighthawk
Garmerwolde Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 12 photos
Some houses built along the village road, some farms and a beautiful church.
This church dates 1250 aC, and only ¾ of it has survived the time.
Typical is the free standing tower.
Monks from the nearby cloyster in Wittewierum developped Garmerwolde in the 13th century.
After that strong houses and little castles were built.
Made this pic especially for my brother Jacob (Lalkens), who has to miss all this. Hahaha, Ontario has great views too, but somehow they are so very different to our Groningen views. Must be the light or something.
Thinking of him makes me look at our landscape with different eyes
There are some nice old houses in this village. Right next to the church is what I think the old vicarage, and this... more travel advice
Standing on the outside of the village, on the border of green pastures, this church stands hidden behind a wall of... more travel advice
nighthawk's Related Pages
Garmerwolde Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Garmerwolde
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Garmerwolde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Garmerwolde
Photos in GarmerwoldeSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues