Garrelsweer Things to Do Tips by nighthawk
Garrelsweer Things to Do: 9 reviews and 9 photos
My father walking passed the statue right across the river Damsterdiep.
Statue by the famous sculpture artist Wladimir de Vries.
War monument Garrelsweer
On May 5th each year the people of Garrelsweer lay flowers at this monument in honour of the death of WW II.
A former habitant of the farmhouse in the previous tip was killed in Mauthausen and his name is on this monument too.
Often visited here because a friend of mine lived here. Great old house!
when the vicar had fallen asleep the keeper said when the psalm was sung: let s start a new, perhaps that ll wake vicar...
This is the view from the up stairs bedroom I slept in.
This is my dad opening the gate to the graveyard. He wanted to check something out yet it was a bit tough to open the gate.
Haha, all the more time for me to get this picture :-)
Here a vicar is buried.
Part of the cemetry. At the upper middle/right is the house my brother lives in, hidden behind some old pear treas.
These trees always have loads of pears and they are cooked and eaten. Snotty pears I used to call them when I was a kid. Haha, still not am too fond of eating them :-)
This stone probably lay in the first church that stood here. It was a Roman (?) building with a separate tower facing East.
At a certain time the congregation got enough money to build a new church and so the old one was torn down.
Too bad the 'new' church now shows severe construction errors and the towers is leaning forward a bit.
When I was a kid the bell sounded at each hour but since long this is no more. I do miss the sound of that bell!
Hen house Garrelsweer
Second set of garden chairs...
More Reviews (24)
- Do not miss the pub!
- Tulip fields
- See All Directions
- See All This door! :-)
nighthawk's Related Pages
Garrelsweer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Garrelsweer 950 year"
- "Garrelsweer, one of the Dutch small villages."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Garrelsweer
- Hotels in Garrelsweer
- Transportation in Garrelsweer
- Restaurants in Garrelsweer
- Warnings and Dangers in Garrelsweer
- See All...
Explore the World
- Butzweiler Hotels
- Laguardia Hotels
- Lac d' Anosy Hotels
- Tamuning Hotels
- Estado de Pernambuco
Badges & Stats in Garrelsweer
- 41 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Garrelsweer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Garrelsweer
Photos in GarrelsweerSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues