"Hoogkerk" Hoogkerk by nighthawk
Hoogkerk Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 90 photos
October 2004, sunny day, fresh eastern wind, time for a Sunday afternoon walk around the lake. Camera at hand and off we went!
July 2nd 2003, Iver and Igraine visited us. We had a great day and our kids now got an Norwegian uncle...
They arrived at about 1 pm and we first drank coffee then drove to the city. It was fun meeting them!
Up to 1969 Hoogkerk was a autonomic municipality.
In 1969 the municipality of Groningen took over and since then Hoogkerk more and more became a dozy little village where llittle changed.
Gladly this has changed some since new houses were built (more then a 1000, 2 new neighbourhoods) and now shops are modernized and there will be a new large supermarket too.
Haha! I like the new VT set up...even Hoogkerk is listed! Not that it has much to offer but we are close to many beautiful rural areas like the wetland of Drenthe.
Hoogkerk became part of the city of Groningen in 1967 and nowadays it still shows that Groningen only needed Hoogkerk for its own benefit - sugar factory, waterway to Friesland and expanding area for houses.
More to follow soon!
- Pros: Close to the main roads to Amsterdam and Germany
- Cons: Factory town with little recreation
- In a nutshell: Not to bad a place to live in
It is good to see these kind of posters when walking through the city. These days respect sometimes is a rare thing.... more travel advice
These are the hands of my youngest daughter, she s holding the titmouse ever so gently! She couldn t wait for me to... more travel advice
- See All Public transport
- See All Can I put my feet up now??
- AH minds after the little ones
- There is no nightlife
- See All Bugs!
nighthawk's Related Pages
Hoogkerk Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hoogkerk
- 38 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Hoogkerk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoogkerk
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues