"Leek" Leek by nighthawk
Leek Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 110 photos
Not the vegetable though ....
Leek is a small village eastern of the capital of our province, Groningen.
But since I got that many travelogues on that page, I decided to add Leek to Delfzijl.
The village itself is nothing special but just outside the center is a little castle called Nienoord.
Here once lived a family Van Panhuys, well loved by the people from the village.
One dreadful day in November 1872, the carriage with in it mister Van Panhuys, his wife and some servants drove into the canal close to Groningen. The people in it all drowned and the whole of the village of Leek mourned for a week.
They were buried in the church in Midwolde, a little less then a mile from the castle.
nighthawk's Related Pages
Leek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Leek, a village in the northern part of Holland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leek
- 1 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Leek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leek
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues