"Old glory restored" Menkemaborg by nighthawk
Menkemaborg Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 6 photos
It s at the end of the world, as most people from the west think, but yet it is worth a visit for it has a small castle, a museum on WW II, a church with a famous organ (Schnitger) and a lovely countryside.
On a beautiful sunday afternoon we visited the Menkamaborg, as the little castle is called.
I just love the lions that stand guard in front of it!
The complex of house, garden and moats gives a good idea what life in the 18th century must have been like.
If you have come this far and still got some time left, drive up north and visit the sculpture called 'Heaven's Gate' at... more travel advice
nighthawk's Related Pages
Menkemaborg Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Menkemaborg
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Menkemaborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Menkemaborg
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues