"Turkey and Greece" Oenkerk by nighthawk
Oenkerk Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 19 photos
The woods in Friesland are relatively young. Thousands of years ago the Frisian province was covered with woods especially on what we now recognize as being the moor and sandground. That is how the woods round Beetsterzwaag (de Friesewouden/the Frisian woods) got their name. Klimate changes and human interference destroyed the ancient woods.
From the midsth of the 19th century new woods were laid out.
The woods we visited this particularly day are called Turkey and Greece.
People who live close by can say they went to visit Turkey and Greece when they r not going away on a holiday .
nighthawk's Related Pages
Oenkerk Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oenkerk
- 0 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Oenkerk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oenkerk
Photos in OenkerkSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues