"Memory lane" Olterterp by nighthawk
Olterterp Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
As children we often visited the province of Friesland with our parents. To be more specific we went to a little village called Olterterp. In this region also lies Beetsterzwaag, and there are some wonderful woods in between Olterterp and Beetsterzwaag.
First stop always is the little church of Olterterp.
This little gothic church lies alone on a little hill (terp). It was built in 1415 and in the 18th century a tower was added.
This is an old postcard I found on the net. (http://www2.pbf.nl/cgi-bin/gemeente.cgi?plaats=Olterterp).
Nowadays the scenery has changed for the farm has a new house and far more bushes stand in between the road and the church.
When you look closely, you can see the church tower through the trees. The road leads to the farm on the left.
I will add some more pictures in a travelogue.
- In a nutshell:great for a sunday afternoon walk in the woods
nighthawk's Related Pages
Olterterp Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Olterterp
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Olterterp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olterterp
Photos in OlterterpSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues