"War museum" Overloon by nighthawk
Overloon Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
I was but a young teenager when we visited the overloon-museum.
I remember driving along a boring straight road, trees along side, and then suddenly the entrance to the museum.
As I remember it, there were baraques with photographs displayed and in the parc we walked through were armoured trucks and tanks.
I learned that the parc was the actual battle site, fought in September and October of 1944. Terrible fights, you can read more on the internet site of the musem -->
The battle of Overloon
I found it very impressive and the stories about civilians fighting along side the liberators of our country, were very moving.
Too bad I do not know where my photographs of that day are, perhaps I just didn t have a camera yet.
nighthawk's Related Pages
Overloon Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Overloon
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Overloon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Overloon
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues