"Ruiten" Ruiten by nighthawk

Ruiten Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 9 photos

Ruiten, should have brought my diamond playing cards .... the mill is called 'De Ruiten' too.
This mill is part of a set of three mills, the other two stand on a straight line to the norht east.
One about a mile further along the road called 'De Groote Poldermolen' (Large Polder Mill), dated 1783.
The third one stands in the village of Slochteren and is called 'Fraeylema Molen' (Fraeylema mill). It is just opposite the manor.

This is the 'Groote Poldermolen'.

This photograph is taken from the upper window of the manor 'Fraeylemaborg' and at the horizon should be the mill called 'Fraeylema Mill'. Too bad we did not take time to walk down the road and have a closer look, but you can t have it all, can you?

• Intro Updated Mar 31, 2003

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2003 at 4:55 PM

Isn't VT great? Sometimes it takes our fellow VTers to point out what we take for granted in our own backyards! Great windmill photos.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2003 at 3:19 PM

wonderful pics, Roelien ! It's always great to see these windmills !

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2003 at 4:37 PM

I don't know if I want to ask you for directions if you mix up right hand and left hand directions! LOL Really fantastic photos!! Ruiten sounds like a great place to bring the bicycle!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2003 at 3:38 PM

Great page Roelien! Hahaha, I never heard of Ruiten! Cool that you found it! I love those windmill photos, beautiful!

nighthawk