"Small island, great for short trips!" Schiermonnikoog by nighthawk

Schiermonnikoog Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 133 photos

We are back ... but we had a great time!! so being back is quite good as well ... new energy to get through the days untill the next vacation!
We were lucky the weather was quite good so we could do quite a lot of sightseeing.

In my memory Schiermonnikoog stands for a feeling of freedom, space and being happy.
I have visited this island often and all the memories I have are good.
Here I felt at home and I never grew bored of it.

Schiermonnikoog is a walking island, for years the little village was at the east point of the island, nowadays it is as if it is at the west point. It is just that lots of sand have been washed away. New land was formed on the east side.
Because a certain type of grass, which holds the sand, was planted over the years, not as much land nowadays disappears.

In case you get to the beach during low tide be prepared for a walk ... an immense sea of sand awaits ya ... pffff .... and do not forget the wind ...
This is at the beach near the red lighthouse. Found lots of big white shells there.

• Last visit to Schiermonnikoog: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 13, 2004

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Schiermonnikoog is prachtig. Wij waren er in 2005 tijdens de hevige sneeuwval. Prachtige ervaring! Bedankt voor deze leuke pagina.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 6:20 AM

Prachtpagina Roelien! Heerlijk om over Schiermonnikoog te lezen. Het is zo'n heerlijk eiland! :-))

• Oct 11, 2003 at 11:49 PM

Wow!!, amazing pictures in the travelogues. Like to visit Schiermonnikoog, still on my list. Funny that dialect..... great page!!

• Mique's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2003 at 1:45 AM

Always love going to Schiermonnikoog. And your pictures of the island are great!

nighthawk

“C'est la Vie!”

Badges & Stats in Schiermonnikoog

Have you been to Schiermonnikoog?

Latest Activity in Schiermonnikoog