"Stadspark" Stadspark by nighthawk
Stadspark Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 41 photos
Close to our home is the lane that leads to the actual Stadspark. Along it are little houses, not meant for daily living but as get away for city people who like to have some nature round them.
Our dog sure enjoyed being in the Stadspark, but he wasn t too happy being on a leish all the time.
In the beginning of this century (1900-1930) this city parc, known as Stadspark, was designed and many jobless workers were put at work.
The industrial Jan Evert Scholten paid for this.
Works started in 1913.
Nowadays the parc is brought back to the way it was back then.
The playgrounds just have been renewed and it s a safe playgarden.
There s also a farm with lots of animals and one can walk amongst cows, ducks, goats, chicken, horse, donkey, etc., or look at the pets in their cages.
There s also a guinea pig cuddle corner.
We often go cycling to the parc and when the weather s not that bad, we go picknick on one of the artificial hills the parc got.
I was impressed by the cleaness of the toilet building...of course there were not too many people camping at that very... more travel advice
The people from Animal Rescue had a smart way of bringing in some money ... for just 1 € you could buy a helium filled... more travel advice
Written Sep 13, 2002
Written Feb 4, 2002
[Feb 4] Scholtens, industrial
nighthawk's Related Pages
Stadspark Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Stadspark
- 16 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Stadspark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stadspark
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues