"Change of scenery" Ten Boer by nighthawk
Ten Boer Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 18 photos
Ten Boer is situated along highway N360, the main road between the city of Groningen and Delfzijl.
Most people that live here are commuters.
It is a rural community, we even have a small forest. Man made, but great for walking your dog, people even come here by car to give their dogs some playtime.
You can also start walking the Jacob's path, which goes from Uithuizen to Hasselt, near Zwolle, which is about a 150 km long.
For more info, go to www.jacobspad.nl, which also has an English version.
Ten Boer is a growing village, sharing municipal government with big brother Groningen.
All kinds of folk live here, not just the people that have lived here forever, but also lotsa folk that moved here because they wanted to live more rural yet not too far away from big city Groningen.
We got several supermarkets and a new market square, that s were most shops are as well the library and the postal office.
Two other nice villages to go shopping which are not too far away are Appingedam (known for its hanging kitchens over a canal) and Delfzijl (larger harbour, Delfsail once in a 5 years, last in 2008).
Yes, it s kinda back into time but living nearer to my father does become me. And not the least, bf is living just some villages away.
- In a nutshell:rural
Both restaurants are pretty good, so I am told. So make your own choice. De buren (The Neighbours) are down to earth,... more travel advice
If ever you might get lost in my neck of the woods, do not hesitate to contact me ... we might be able to hook up and I... more travel advice
nighthawk's Related Pages
Ten Boer Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ten Boer
- 5 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Ten Boer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ten Boer
Photos in Ten BoerSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues