"Camping for 0 euro!" Vrouwenpolder by nighthawk

Vrouwenpolder Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 9 photos

That s what attracted my eye one day surfing the net. So i e-mailed and got answer it would only cost about 16 euro, tourist tax or something.

Whilst we drove towards our weekend destination, our youngest asked: Where are we going mummy?
To Vrouwenpolder (literally women's polder) I answered.
't Was silent for a moment and then she asked: Is that place just for women? Isn t daddy allowed there?

Well, since she sounded a bit worried we told here men weren t a problem there ;-).

Vrouwenpolder ... a street, some houses, a supermarket, a pizzeria, a chinese take away, a snackbar and a grand cafe, oh and some churches that s most of what I saw of Vrouwenpolder for we had to drive through mainstreet and then onto a small road leading through the polder towards the campsite.

Am pretty sure live wouldn t be half as nice for the people living here if it weren t for tourism ... might already have sunk into the sea if it weren t for all the tourist bringing their good money here ;-).

The postcard in the picture I stole from www.loesje.nl, a wonderful site with lotsa postcards, all with inspiring motivating text .. like this one : Every one still spoke computer language first days at the campsite .. hehe so glad I ll be home before I really miss my computer ;-) ...

Oh and Nighthawk was here hehe ... one night hubby and the kids went for a swim some 8 kilometers further on and I stayed home to cook a meal for when they came back .. ample time for a walk along the beach and since there was no one there to tell me no do not I left my mark ...

• Intro Updated Jun 5, 2005

Comments

nighthawk

“C'est la Vie!”

Badges & Stats in Vrouwenpolder

Have you been to Vrouwenpolder?

Latest Activity in Vrouwenpolder