"Camping for 0 euro!" Vrouwenpolder by nighthawk
Vrouwenpolder Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 9 photos
That s what attracted my eye one day surfing the net. So i e-mailed and got answer it would only cost about 16 euro, tourist tax or something.
Whilst we drove towards our weekend destination, our youngest asked: Where are we going mummy?
To Vrouwenpolder (literally women's polder) I answered.
't Was silent for a moment and then she asked: Is that place just for women? Isn t daddy allowed there?
Well, since she sounded a bit worried we told here men weren t a problem there ;-).
Vrouwenpolder ... a street, some houses, a supermarket, a pizzeria, a chinese take away, a snackbar and a grand cafe, oh and some churches that s most of what I saw of Vrouwenpolder for we had to drive through mainstreet and then onto a small road leading through the polder towards the campsite.
Am pretty sure live wouldn t be half as nice for the people living here if it weren t for tourism ... might already have sunk into the sea if it weren t for all the tourist bringing their good money here ;-).
The postcard in the picture I stole from www.loesje.nl, a wonderful site with lotsa postcards, all with inspiring motivating text .. like this one : Every one still spoke computer language first days at the campsite .. hehe so glad I ll be home before I really miss my computer ;-) ...
Oh and Nighthawk was here hehe ... one night hubby and the kids went for a swim some 8 kilometers further on and I stayed home to cook a meal for when they came back .. ample time for a walk along the beach and since there was no one there to tell me no do not I left my mark ...
nighthawk's Related Pages
Vrouwenpolder Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A week in Vrouwenpolder"
- "My own beach :-)"
- "Camping for 0 euro!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vrouwenpolder
- Hotels in Vrouwenpolder
- Restaurants in Vrouwenpolder
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vrouwenpolder
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Vrouwenpolder?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vrouwenpolder
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues