"Westeremden" Westeremden by nighthawk
Westeremden Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Travelling to the Netherlands one would probably never think of visiting Westeremden. My dad had Canadian guests over and we did visit this little village. Just for one reason: trying to catch a glimpse of the paintings made by H.Helmantel, a pretty famous painter.
First we walked around his house, just to see how he lives.
Helmantel was born and raised in Westeremden and he knew the old vicarage just next to the church which had been a ruine for many a year. At some point he decided to rebuild it and what we saw was one of the most pretty vicarages I d ever seen.
Unfortunately he was closed this day but after my dad told me he had met Helmantel personally for some times, I decided to ring the bell and ask if we could go in and have a look.
We were allowed to, had to pay the entrance fee however ;) but the beautiful paintings did make up for that!
- Pros:Museum de Weem, display of Helmantel's paintings
- Cons:middle of nowhere ;)
- In a nutshell:If you love art displayed in beautiful surrounding, go go go!! :D
nighthawk's Related Pages
Westeremden Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Westeremden
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Westeremden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Westeremden
Photos in WesteremdenSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues