"Winsum - Obergum" Winsum by nighthawk
Winsum Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 20 photos
It also has a little harbour.
There are some very nice old houses, clearly built by more wealthy people and that shows that Winsum once was a rich village.
Prices of houses are somewhat cheaper here and another plus of course is the country living.
I have lived in the province of Groningen all my life but hardly ever visited Winsum.
Now we did visit as a family to go boating.
After that we went for a strawl through the village, it s small but has a cosy feel and in the centre there were no big shops, probably they are outside the centre.
It is tucked away in the corner of the street that leads out of the village.
We heard lovely organ music when we walked around it but unfortunately we couldn t go inside, the door was locked.
The kids went up the stairs, I choose to stay downstairs ... ;-)
- Pros:Lovely little village with a natural water
- Cons:Erm, I wanna visit again?
- In a nutshell:Lovely :-D
Just another dot on the map but it is a charming little village. Creative as well and I could imagine myself living... more travel advice
Especially when in the boat you have a nice view on the back of the houses. The red is ever so nice and the people (when... more travel advice
nighthawk's Related Pages
Winsum Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Winsum
- 7 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Winsum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winsum
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues