"Larochette" Larochette by nighthawk
Larochette Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 74 photos
The so called Crehenge house has recently been complete restored.
This historical town is located at the borders of the river the White Ernz.
It was quite a hike up to the castle. From the castle some narrow stairs lead us up the hill, passing some houses build on the slope.
Then onwards over a path that lead us round the castle. At the right was a steep slope so we were cautious of not falling.
But the castle was more than we had expected.
When we passed the entrance gate it was like an English garden, as I d seen in films. Terrace like.
But when we crossed that garden we came to a moat and defense walls. So strange to see a castle within the castle.
That was not all ..... after this we came to a large house with a high wooden stairs leading us to the entrance door.
It was a complete house with a dancing hall, a religious hall, a bakery, too much, we even saw a toilet made in the outer wall....imagine seeing all falling out of the wall..
This house must have been a very comfortable house for its day and age.
There was also a build on wooden outer hanging room. when I finally dared to step on to the floor to see the village below, my youngest ran up the floor....can imagine. I was faster back in the house than I got to the window!
After some hours we went out again. Instead of walking back the same way we came, we decided to do the other side of the castle.
However, there was no visible path nearby...so we decided to slide down the slope to the path that was visible down below.
Dang! we had forgotten bout the moat! so when we were down, we could climb up again....pffff no fun!
On this photograph you can see what I mean by well described : almost everywhere hang a big poster showing what the room... more travel advice
I was quite surprised after paying the fee for entrance. I had not expected it would look like an English garden (as I... more travel advice
nighthawk's Related Pages
Larochette Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Larochette"
- "A weekend getaway"
- "In the Muellerthal region"
- "Castle Larochette"
- "CAMP BIRKELT...BIENVENUE, NON, WILKOMMEN NEIN"
- "It is a "Rochette" compaired to Luxembourg city"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Larochette
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (110)
Have you been to Larochette?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Larochette
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues