"Wiltz" Wiltz by nighthawk
Wiltz Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 74 photos
Wiltz is located in an valley with low hills and gentle slopes. A visit to the old town, with its origins going back well into the time of the Romans, is worth a visit.
That is why we stopped here on our way home. We had heard it was a nice little place.
Too bad we came around midday because most shops close between 12.30 and 13.30.
Fortunately we could go into the tourist information centre in the castle. Not that we saw much of it, but we visited!
On the photographs is a Sherman M4 tank, an original.
It has (had?) a Continental motor and a welded body. Some 8389 were produced, 6748 of them with a 75mm cannon and 1641 with an 105mm howitzer.
This information I got from this site
Memorial stone. Written on it: Memorialto the 28th U.S. Infantry Division which liberated WILTZ on September 10th 1944... more travel advice
In the 16th century a late Gothic church with naves of equal height with Romanesque features was erected on the site... more travel advice
nighthawk's Related Pages
Wiltz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wiltz in Summer and Wiltz revisited"
- "A very musical town"
- "WILTZ, VILLE CAPITALE DES ARDENNES"
- "Foggy Wiltz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wiltz
- Hotels in Wiltz
- Transportation in Wiltz
- Nightlife in Wiltz
- Restaurants in Wiltz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wiltz
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (110)
Have you been to Wiltz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wiltz
Photos in WiltzSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues