"Desenzano" Top 5 Page for this destination Desenzano by nighthawk
Desenzano Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 148 photos
Developped from a historical town centre, it has in recent years become a crucial point for ferry transport and for numerous excursions to Verona, Brescia and Mantua.
Founded by the Romans, contented for by Brescia and Verona in the Middle Ages and finally ruled by the Venetian republic in the 15th century, Desenzano preserve, in the beauty of the lakeside promenade and the small streets of the historical centre, all the charm of the past.
From the antique Roman town Desenzano still has the Villa Romana from the 4th century B.C., where it is still possible to see the beautiful mosaic floors (over 200 m²),whilst other objects and furnishing are gathered in the nearby Antiquarium.
The castle is from the late Middle Ages and was rebuilt in the late 14th and 15th century.
Italia is an catholic country and it sure shows when you enter a church. The decorations are just incredible, your... more travel advice
nighthawk's Related Pages
Desenzano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Desenzano...the biggest little town on Lake Garda"
- "My first trip to Italy"
- "Honeymoon heaven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Desenzano
- Hotels in Desenzano
- Transportation in Desenzano
- Nightlife in Desenzano
- Restaurants in Desenzano
- Shopping in Desenzano
- Warnings and Dangers in Desenzano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Desenzano
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Desenzano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Desenzano
Photos in DesenzanoSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues