"A day tour to the north of the lake" Riva del Garda by nighthawk
Riva del Garda Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 251 photos
This picture shows how the villages of the mountains were sitting in the sun, kinda dusty, kinda glowing.
By each turn of a hairpin bend we saw a different adding to the village.
This was a scare drive because of the steepness of the road and the many hairpin bends, but it was lovely to see how folks had created homes by just "sticking" their houses to a piece of rock.
Riva del Garda, another little town at the Lago di Garda is situated at the northern part of the lake.
It must have some history for there s the Rocca, a defensive tower at the port.
The port is always filled with nice boats and it is lovely to have a strowl through this little town.
There s the newer part with more fashionable shops and there s the older part, with narrow streets, just typical as in more older Italian cities.
We walked through the older part but unfortunately, another day without some decent shopping for me! Sigh, the family just wouldn't have it! ;-)
When we had seen enough of Riva we decided to see if we could get home through the mountains.
Haha, we had forgotten how difficult it is to know what direction you are driving in when in the mountains, and yes, we drove the wrong way!
Lol, but we saw some nice mountain villages and 'discovered' another nice lake: Lago di Trenno.
We did consider to book here for the next vacation but when we passed a river named Freddo, which means cold, we decided not to. ;-)
- Pros:close to mountains and lakes
- Cons:there s too many tourists here!
- In a nutshell:wait for the tourists to go home, return then
Riva has some nice small streets with lovely facades. And a big church, which I would have loved to vist but too bad... more travel advice
I can understand why some people don t wanna drive their car when in Italia, since there are a lot of mopeds on the... more travel advice
nighthawk's Related Pages
Riva del Garda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riva Del Garda"
- "We had no particular destination in mind"
- "A relaxing and relaxed lake resort"
- "Riva Del Garda"
- "Riva del Garda."
- "A day tour to the north of the lake"
- "Lake Garda in Northern Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riva del Garda
- Hotels in Riva del Garda
- Transportation in Riva del Garda
- Restaurants in Riva del Garda
- Warnings and Dangers in Riva del Garda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riva del Garda
- 5 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Riva del Garda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riva del Garda
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 183 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Intro, 99 reviews, 176 photos, 9 travelogues
- Hoogkerk Intro, 38 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Garrelsweer Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Delfzijl Intro, 28 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues