Hickory Nightlife Tips by Hexepatty Top 5 Page for this destination
Hickory Nightlife: 2 reviews and 1 photos
I won't really call this a nightclub, although it has certain night club elements: live music, dancing, willing adults to converse with and a full bar, naturally. It could be called a sports bar because it has lots of pool tables (hence, "Side Pocket" in the name... ) I like to call it a People Watching place where you can interact if you are in the mood to. I spoke to a trashed man who "made that move!" He saw my curly hair and you know? Some folks just want to touch it. This drunk guy did. Just sat next to me and then lurched forward and touched my damn curly hair. I wasn't frightened or put off cuz I knew people there that were going to make sure I was okay. I was happy when management took him aside (and apparently was kicked out!). Won't lie about that.
We made friends with a woman that was in a hottie mood and she got me up and we danced. Then we looked at the harmonica player - an immense guy that looked like Stephen Root from "Office Space". We noticed he took his shoes off. Me and the girl starting giggling nonstop!
The live music is interesting, and if you drink lots and have your friends with you, it could sound even better. You are encouraged to sing along and even play air guitar with your pool cue.
I was told we won't go there much. Saddens me. I like a dive bar as well as the next person.
Especially a Dive Bar that says at the entrance you must be a member or a guest. (We were neither: but we were just told to Sign In and we did!).
So, I suspect this little gem will be on the VT Guest Tour of Hickory Roster.
Please come visit me soon so I have an excuse to come back.
Oh - and I saw the most 'facially challenged' looking woman in my entire life in this bar. I kid you not. This woman had both our attention. It was amazing how facially challenged she was. But you know what? She had a good time and had a feller to talk to. It did seem like he was drinking quite heavily, however.
Please come visit Hickory and get in touch. I gotta see this place one more time.
Dress Code: Ahhh.... now we get to the good part. Wear / dress anyway you want! I saw folks wearing suits, practically. And girls wearing their Friday night "I'm gonna get me something tonigh" attire. But for the most part, T shirts and jeans would be your attire choice. And wear something you don't mind smelling smokey until washed. It's that kinda place. Booze and cigs and pool and VERY colorful people.
Address: 2040 Springs Rd NE, Hickory, NC 28601
Phone: 828) 328-1891
You hang out with the locals. They are friendly lot and likely to have you cooking while drinking, and singing & dancing before you know it! And after you eat, you go on the porch and burn one while watching the night stars. Cats may come and lick your toes. That's a sign of GOOD LUCK in Hickory! Then you go to bed kinda early cuz they tucker out early in Hickory. And it's a good thing. Lots to do in the Morning! Early to bed, early to rise!
Dress Code: Dress Down. No need to dress fancy. Hickoryites are pretty casual in their attire for home evenings.
Address: 123 Main St, Hickory, NC 12345
Directions: Pass the old red barn by 3 miles. Make a left where the corner store used to be. Go down about 1/2 mile & make a right. Pass the house with anorexic cattle & goats & you will find the house you are looking for two down on the right.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (11)
Hexepatty's Related Pages
Hickory Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HICKORY NORTH CAROLINA"
- "Small Town with Big Flavor!"
- ""My Hometown"... Bruce Springteen"
- "I spent a Year in 4 Days in Hickory"
- "Rambling Ravings... Thoughts of the Day"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hickory
- Hotels in Hickory
- Transportation in Hickory
- Nightlife in Hickory
- Restaurants in Hickory
- Shopping in Hickory
- Warnings and Dangers in Hickory
- See All...
Explore the World
- Gilford Hotels
- Hiyoshi Hotels
- Grayling Hotels
- Calverstown Hotels
- Graça do Divor
Badges & Stats in Hickory
- 13 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Hickory?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hickory
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: A child's rules to live by"
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Hickory travel pages
- updated a Hickory Travelogue "Life on a Small Farm in Western N. Carolina"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Life on a Small Farm in Western N. Carolina"
- Wrote a Review Fine Dining in Hickory in Hickory Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Hickory
Photos in HickorySee All Photos (21)
Videos in HickorySee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 53 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 7 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 11 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Beach Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kissimmee Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montevideo Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues