Bali Things to Do Tips by Hexepatty
Bali Things to Do: 1,242 reviews and 2,473 photos
I love Birds... so it was a thrill to go to the Bird Park located in the SW corner of Bali, not far from Ubud. You should go as well. It is an aviary and outside, so you feel like the birds are all over and that you are in a natural setting. VERY pretty.. we spent a good 2 hours there having fun and taking jpgs!!! There was a komodo dragon there as well, and I think of have a picture of him in my Travelogue Section. I felt bad for him, as he was all alone and for somereason, he was playing with a Popsicle Stick. Must be tough being a reptile in captivity. I'll have to ask some guys I know. They are SNAKES as well! ; )
Ladies with things on their heads
We got lucky. Our brief visit to Bali coincided with the opening ceremonies of the month long Bali Arts and Crafts Festival. A Traditional Cultural type arts festival so it's not just JUNK in cultural wrappings. And the arts are evidient: free dance performances in Denpasar in the evenings if you don't mind going to the Arts Center. This Festival typical happens late June - early July for approx. 4 weeks!!!
The opening ceremony is a PARADE of dancers and villagers in their local village attire. It was a long parade and the President of Indonesia was there! I saw Megawati Sukarnoputri arrive and it was pretty cool.
Everyone was VERY excited she was there, and I was just lucky to have caught a glimpse of her. She seemed older than i would have guessed, but very poised. I have a picture of her in my WOMEN OF BALI travelogue.
Directions: The parade takes place on the same street as most Consulates in Denpasar: Jl Raya Puputan Renon. We took a cab from Kuta. It is about a 15 minute drive. Took longer, naturally during the Parade time, due to traffic. Cost about Five dollars
More Reviews (51)
- See All Dance Show
- I wouldn't Rent a Car in Bali...
- See All Have gifts and SMILES for the Kids
- Sarongs for a STEAL!
- Packing List
- China Air or Air China?!
Hexepatty's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharing my experiences Under the Bali Sunshine"
- "Bali, A Travel to Island Of Paradise :"
- "Bali, Indonesia..."
- "Bali - Island Beauty"
- "...stranded between heaven and earth"
- "BALI Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons"
- "Bali - Home of the Gods (& mischievious monkeys)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 57 Reviews
- 152 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 53 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 7 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 11 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Beach Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montevideo Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kissimmee Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues