Bali Things to Do Tips by Hexepatty

Bali Things to Do: 1,235 reviews and 2,462 photos

Go to the Bird Park - Bali
Go to the Bird Park

I love Birds... so it was a thrill to go to the Bird Park located in the SW corner of Bali, not far from Ubud. You should go as well. It is an aviary and outside, so you feel like the birds are all over and that you are in a natural setting. VERY pretty.. we spent a good 2 hours there having fun and taking jpgs!!! There was a komodo dragon there as well, and I think of have a picture of him in my Travelogue Section. I felt bad for him, as he was all alone and for somereason, he was playing with a Popsicle Stick. Must be tough being a reptile in captivity. I'll have to ask some guys I know. They are SNAKES as well! ; )

• Updated Sep 30, 2003
Ladies with things on their heads - Bali

Ladies with things on their heads

We got lucky. Our brief visit...

We got lucky. Our brief visit to Bali coincided with the opening ceremonies of the month long Bali Arts and Crafts Festival. A Traditional Cultural type arts festival so it's not just JUNK in cultural wrappings. And the arts are evidient: free dance performances in Denpasar in the evenings if you don't mind going to the Arts Center. This Festival typical happens late June - early July for approx. 4 weeks!!!
The opening ceremony is a PARADE of dancers and villagers in their local village attire. It was a long parade and the President of Indonesia was there! I saw Megawati Sukarnoputri arrive and it was pretty cool.
Everyone was VERY excited she was there, and I was just lucky to have caught a glimpse of her. She seemed older than i would have guessed, but very poised. I have a picture of her in my WOMEN OF BALI travelogue.

Directions: The parade takes place on the same street as most Consulates in Denpasar: Jl Raya Puputan Renon. We took a cab from Kuta. It is about a 15 minute drive. Took longer, naturally during the Parade time, due to traffic. Cost about Five dollars

• Updated Sep 30, 2003

Hexepatty

“Anywhere is home if you want it to be!”

Badges & Stats in Bali