"A Very Small Town" Skykomish by Elli99fh
Skykomish Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 36 photos
Skykomish is a dot on the map (when it even is on the map). It offers the traveler one hotel and one tavern; although back toward the road there is also a convenience/gas mart and a liquor store. It is one of my favorite places to escape to when I am in the area. It is a place where you can go and leave the rest of the world behind.
Skykomish is very picturesque in the winter when it is covered with snow. Everyone I've met there has been friendly and down-to-earth without being obnoxious. This is a place that I have found to be devoid of the many subtle pressures that new places often put on you. It just has a good feel.
Hwy 2 is a major link between Western Washington and Wenatchee, and also the road to the Stevens Pass Ski Area. Skykomish is only a half hour from the ski area on the west side of the mountains.
Turn right off of Hwy 2 at the Skykomish turnoff. The gas station mini mart and liquor store are here. Cross the bridge over the Skykomish River into town and turn left at the main road. You will see the Whistlin' Post tavern and the Cascadia Hotel. This is it.
- Pros:Tiny little friendly town.
- Cons:Tiny, no restaurant.
- In a nutshell:Bring food to cook!
The Whistlin' Post is where you go in Skykomish to drink beer, shoot pool, play darts and socialize. It is within... more travel advice
Elli99fh's Related Pages
Skykomish Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Skykomish
- Hotels in Skykomish
- Nightlife in Skykomish
- Restaurants in Skykomish
- Warnings and Dangers in Skykomish
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Skykomish
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Skykomish?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skykomish
Photos in SkykomishSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Juneau Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Skykomish Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Nanaimo Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Canada 3 reviews
- Province of British Columbia Intro, 3 photos
- Chemainus Intro, 3 photos
- Sechelt Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Tofino Intro, 1 review
No friends yet.