"Home stay on Isla Amantani" Isla Amantani by Yso
Isla Amantani Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 61 photos
Amantani is one of the islands on lake Titkaka that is the most accesible from Puno in Peru. It is possible to get there by local transport, or with a guided tour which visits several islands. The standard tour allows you to stay overnight on Amantani with a family.
There is no electricity or running water on the island, but we were very well received b the family that we visited.
Amantani has a large female population, as most of the men go to work on the mainland for months at a time.
The women wear a very attractive traditional costume which includes a large black wrap embroidered by hand with family motifs.
- In a nutshell:A bit touristic, but definately worth while
Yso's Related Pages
Isla Amantani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Real isolation"
- "Isla Amantani"
- "The sunset... Le coucher de soleil...."
- "Amantani Island"
- "Amantani Island, Peru"
- "Home stay on Isla Amantani"
- "ISLA AMANTANI"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Amantani
- Hotels in Isla Amantani
- Transportation in Isla Amantani
- Nightlife in Isla Amantani
- Restaurants in Isla Amantani
- See All...
Explore the World
- Brandon Hotels
- Broek in Waterland Hotels
- Grattan Hotels
- Cerros Polvos Azules Hotels
- Kimaya Hotels
- San Leandro Hotels
- Arba Minch'
- Kirkby Stephen
- Obcina Bled
- Provincia María Trinidad Sánchez
- Death Valley National Park
- Quarter of Castries
- County Mayo
Badges & Stats in Isla Amantani
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Isla Amantani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Amantani
Photos in Isla AmantaniSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fushun Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lyon Intro, 18 reviews
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Harbin Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Bolivia Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Dalian Intro, 7 reviews