"Quito, centre of the world" Quito by Yso
Quito Travel Guide: 1,111 reviews and 3,089 photos
Quito, capital of Ecuador, and very nearly ON the ecuator.
Quito is quite a pleasant city with lots of colonial architecture and large airy streets, lots of parks etc. It's quite apleasant place to spend a few days
One of the nice things about being in a capital city like this is just to wander around and see what people are doing, like this little shoeshine boy who is cleaning his girlfriends shoes !
Of course, when in Quito, you can't miss the opportunity to get the bus north of town and go and stand on the equator at El Mitad Del Mondo. in fact, since the discovery of GPS, and due to the movement of the continents, the Equator is now about 300m north of this line (but there's nothing there to take a photo of !)
Yso's Related Pages
Quito Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quito - Capital of Ecuador"
- "b1bob does Quito big time"
- "A city among volcanoes"
- "Thinking of South American Cities? Think Quito"
- "¡Bienvenidos a Quito!"
- "Connected with nature at the middle of the earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quito
- Hotels in Quito
- Transportation in Quito
- Nightlife in Quito
- Restaurants in Quito
- Shopping in Quito
- Warnings and Dangers in Quito
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quito
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Quito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quito
Photos in QuitoSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fushun Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lyon Intro, 18 reviews
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Harbin Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Bolivia Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Dalian Intro, 7 reviews