"Rurre & the amazonian rain forest" Rurrenabaque by Yso
Rurrenabaque Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 114 photos
Rurrenabaque is one of the easiest places to get to the jungle in Bolivia. It is becoming quite touristic with lots and lots of travel agencies that are opening up. The main things to do are to travel to the jungle, but also to visit the pampas (wetlands) since Rurre is conveniently situated between the two
The major inconvenience of Rurre is that it is a very long way from anywhere. In order to get there from La Paz you have two options : bus or plane. We took the bus to go to Rurre and I would not recommend it to anyone ! You can look forwards to 18 hours of extreme discomfort (seats are a plank with plastic on them, more or less), overnight on unpaved and occasionally washed out roads. Possibly the worst experience of my life
Please check out the tips for Rurre to find out the other do's and don'ts for this town. The "eco" tourism leaves something to be desired and you need to be very aware of what is going on.
- Pros:See the rainforest cheaply
- Cons:Watch out for the "eco" tourism companies
We deduced that in fact the "Eco" does not stand for ecological but for Economic.... Our jungle guides were useless,... more travel advice
Yso's Related Pages
Rurrenabaque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rurre & the amazonian rain forest"
- "Rurre Tranquilo"
- "Rurrenabaque, wild amazonian paradise"
- "A pampa trip.... Une pampa du feu de Dieu..."
- "Where the Wild Things Are - Rurrenebaque"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rurrenabaque
- Hotels in Rurrenabaque
- Transportation in Rurrenabaque
- Nightlife in Rurrenabaque
- Restaurants in Rurrenabaque
- Warnings and Dangers in Rurrenabaque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rurrenabaque
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Rurrenabaque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rurrenabaque
Photos in RurrenabaqueSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fushun Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lyon Intro, 18 reviews
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Harbin Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Bolivia Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Dalian Intro, 7 reviews