"Quebrada de Cafayate" Cafayate by Yso
Cafayate Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 160 photos
Cafayate, south of Salta, is a lovely little village. The major activities in and around Cafayate are visiting the Quebrada and wine-tasting.
The Quebrada is a long valley (about 30km) where you are able to view amazing red sandstone rock formations. The photo of El Castillo, but there are many others such as the Friar, The devils throat, a natural amphitheatre, the toad and the Obelisk. We visited by pushbike, but also managed to hire a motorbike to visit the formations that are furthest from the town
This is Santa Barbara, just noth of Cafayate. The lifes of these people is still very basic, which is quite surprising in Argentina, one of the most developped countries in Latin America.
The wine in Cafayate is great, particularly the white, and this is someone who lives in france who is saying so !
Yso's Related Pages
Cafayate Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A town of Bodegas"
- "Cafayate : the Far-West of Argentina"
- "Cafayate, For the Wine and Colorful Canyons"
- "Quebrada de Cafayate"
- "Salta's Vineyard..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cafayate
- Hotels in Cafayate
- Transportation in Cafayate
- Restaurants in Cafayate
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kampong Alor Gajah Hotels
- Winona Hotels
- Temecula Hotels
- Hlavni Mesto Praha Hotels
- Guardamar del Segura
- Boqueron Hotels
- Province of Masbate
- Lago di Varese
- Presque Isle State Park
- La Calera Hotels
- State of West Bengal
- Pulau Duyong Besar
Badges & Stats in Cafayate
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cafayate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cafayate
Photos in CafayateSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fushun Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lyon Intro, 18 reviews
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Harbin Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Bolivia Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Dalian Intro, 7 reviews