"ahhh... jaipur" Jaipur by Yso
Jaipur Travel Guide: 1,083 reviews and 3,281 photos
I travelled in India with two people who were not accustomed to backpacking. Having undergone much pressure to get our of Delhi as quickly as possible, we went to Jaipur.... which was not much of an improvement. In Jaipur the drains are open and run along the side of the streets - often there are pigs in them and occasionnaly children playing in them too..... We were there just before Diwali which meant that the town was very very crowded.
Jaipur is, however, one of the "must see" places in Rajasthan. It is chock full of things to see. This is the Hawa Mahal, or palace of the winds. The ornate frontage allowed air currents to flow through the palace keeping to cool (er) during the hot season, the design also allowed the concubines to see out without being seen....
The Jantar Manter is an observatory built by Jai Singh in 1728. It includes an ENORMOUS sundial - with a 27 metre high... more travel advice
Yso's Related Pages
Jaipur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Jaipur"
- "Jaipur, the pink city of Rajasthan"
- "The Pink City, Rajasthan's sunny capital"
- "Jaipur-The City of Palaces,Forts&Gardens"
- "Jaipur: The Capital of Rajputana !"
- "Jaipur - The Pink City"
- "Jaipur जयपुर"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jaipur
- Hotels in Jaipur
- Transportation in Jaipur
- Nightlife in Jaipur
- Restaurants in Jaipur
- Shopping in Jaipur
- Warnings and Dangers in Jaipur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jaipur
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Jaipur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jaipur
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fushun Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lyon Intro, 18 reviews
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Harbin Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Bolivia Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Dalian Intro, 7 reviews