Algonquin Provincial Park Tourist Trap Tips by sim1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Algonquin Provincial Park Tourist Traps: 1 reviews and 1 photos
The Moose Bus
Hmmm, I have to admit that I was a bit shocked to see this bus on highway 60, standing on the side of the road. A busload full of tourist got out of the bus to see the moose on the side of the road. Of course I love to spot a moose myself, so I can understand everyone would like that too. But I don't think this is the way to explore Algonquin Park. Of course you'll see a moose this way, but that is not 'all' what Algonquin Park is about. You need to get out of the car or bus and try to get 'into the park'. Go hiking, canoeing, biking, that's the way you can really feel what Algonquin Park is all about. Don't fall into this trap, taking this bus, and only see Algonquin by stopping on a few spots, see a moose, and travel to your next destination in Canada. You will never discover the real beauty of Algonquin Park or Ontario that way.
More Reviews (114)
- See All Where are we?
- See All Canoeing in Algonquin Park
- See All No alcoholic drinks outside your...
- See All Can and bottle ban
- See All Information Guide
sim1's Related Pages
Algonquin Provincial Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wow, Algonquin Provincial Park! So beautiful!"
- "An Algonquin Teamwork Blueprint"
- "Algonquin...A Paradise...for Moose"
- "True Canadian Adventure"
- "Away from the Freeway, and into Algonquin!"
- "Algonquin Provincial Park"
- "Algonquin park."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Hotels in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Transportation in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Nightlife in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Restaurants in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Shopping in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Algonquin Provincial Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pulau Togian
- Singaraja Hotels
- Mexicali Hotels
- Waterton Lakes National Park
- Dursey Island Hotels
- Mlada Boleslav
- Denia Hotels
- Saint John's
- Restaurants around Grand' Place
- Isla de Gran Canaria Tourist Traps
- Fairbanks Tourist Traps
- Much Over-priced! Shop around
- All of Brugge is a tourist...
- Melaka Tourist Traps
- Monte-Carlo Tourist Traps
- Mérida Tourist Traps
- Limassol Tourist Traps
- Skip the Tour Guides at the Lahore Fort/Masjid
- Too Expensive
- Coventry Tourist Traps
Badges & Stats in Algonquin Provincial Park
- 115 Reviews
- 115 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 51 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Algonquin Provincial Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Posted in Travel Sweden Forum "Re: Camping in Sweden II"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The hike"
- Wrote a Review Where are we? in Algonquin Provincial Park Things to Do
- updated a Algonquin Provincial Park Travel Page "Wow, Algonquin Provincial Park! So beautiful!"
- Commented on one of epicult's Algonquin Provincial Park travel pages
Photos in Algonquin Provincial ParkSee All Photos (115)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 138 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (229)
Latest Algonquin Provincial Park hotel reviews
- Arowhon Pines
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Bartlett Lodge
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Wolf Den Bunkhouse 'n Cabins
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Adventure Lodge
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Algonquin Backpackers Hostel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 12, 2012
- Mew Lake Campground
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013