"Butterfly Paradise!" Cambridge by sim1

Cambridge Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 178 photos

On the 14th of April 2003 I went to the butterfly gardens close to Cambridge, Ontario. I had a fantastic day out! And of course took lots and lots of photos. A selections of these photos I've posted on this page. I hope you will enjoy them :-)

• Last visit to Cambridge: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 28, 2003

Travelogues (1)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Fantastic photos of butterflies! Even though they "never want to sit still and pose for the picture", you certainly got them to do so. And no, I never knew that butterflies taste with their feet. Imagine that.

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2004 at 10:18 AM

Your pages are like a butterfly encyclopedia! I will be driving to Toronto soon and I think I will make a detour to see these beautiful butterflies. Thanks for all the great tips!

• Nov 20, 2003 at 5:52 AM

Butterflies taste with their feet? Well, that sure is a quality I'm glad we don't have ;-P

• catalysta's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2003 at 2:26 PM

Simi - I think Balnacing On A Flower is a Tiger, and They Never Sit Still MIGHT be a Great Eggfly. Pics on my Grand Cayman travelogues, see if they look same to you...

• goga4444's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2003 at 5:01 PM

Great butterfly pics and stories about their habits ... Very cool :)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2003 at 5:09 AM

A very beautiful page :-))). You are much better than any travel book! More: I didn't know that you are a professional photographer as well !!!

• Astralka's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2003 at 10:30 AM

Sim, I believe you must have spent ages in that Wings Paradise ! I was doing the same as you in the Butterfly House in Gothenburg, but with a complete fiasco in taking pictures :O)

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2003 at 11:20 PM

Love the butterfly pics! I remember in Hong Kong chasing huge tropical butterflies with my camera for ages before I even got a half decent shot! Tricky creatures...

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2003 at 6:14 PM

Totally stunning page. I've learnt a lot about butterflies, and like to drink my high energy (alcoholic) nectar through a staw too, but I dont taste with my feet... hahaha. The butterfly you cant identify is a.... 'black and white' one ;0)) Just kidding.

• dave_21's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2003 at 6:04 AM

What a beautiful photography, very nice close-ups on the butterflies. I guess this is a must see when visit if you're a butterfly lover! Very informative reading at each tip!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Cambridge

Have you been to Cambridge?

Latest Activity in Cambridge