"Fall colour tour" Dorset by sim1

Dorset Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 24 photos

Finally... a sunny day! I've been waiting for some time now for a good opportunity to go on a 'fall colour tour', and I wasn't disappointed. Wow, what a colours! The trees seemed to be on fire at some times, the colours are so vibrant! It's just beyond belief. I love the colours of the fall, and I heard it must be beautiful in Canada, and they are so right, it's beautiful and spectacular.

This page is under re-construction

• Pros:The fantastic colours in the autumn, beautiful landscape all year round
  • Cons:In Dorset itself isn't that much to do and see
  • In a nutshell:The fall colours are amazing!
  • Last visit to Dorset: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 28, 2005

• Dec 31, 2006 at 9:26 AM

This used to be the lookout tower for the fire boats. they had to come to Raynor Island to put out a fire when I was 6 years old.we had a firework land in the middle of the island!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2004 at 9:29 PM

wow... nothing like Fall (Autumn) to see some amazing colour. How did you see so much contrast... wonderful - snow and colour. Spectacular. Nature at its finest and well captured. Never thought about it before, but thanks for telling me about 'why'.

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2003 at 9:06 AM

Wow! What colors!

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2003 at 1:02 PM

Beautiful colours Simone (and thanks for the nature lesson on leaf colours!). I am terrified of heights too. That tower looks only slightly less terrifying than the perspex floor on the observation deck of the CN Tower!

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2003 at 8:28 AM

Excellent pictures, Simone. The bright yellow colour leaves are my favourite. Fall is my favorite season of the year

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2003 at 6:27 PM

Simone ~ I can hardly believe how fantastic the fall colours have been captured in these photos. It's unreal! And, yes, the snow came too early (and stayed too late!). :-)

• jaw-yueh's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2003 at 4:37 PM

The colors of fall are so beautiful!! I love your photos very much!

• annk's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2003 at 10:11 PM

You really captured the beauty of the fall color. Breathtaking photos Simone!

• jide08's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2003 at 2:30 PM

I just love those autumn colours.
    Great memories. Great fun.

• shdw100's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2003 at 5:29 AM

I love fall! My favorite time of the year. I would skip summer all together and go right from spring to fall! Great pictures!

sim1