"Sherbrooke village, Nova Scotia" Sherbrooke by sim1

Sherbrooke Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 26 photos

This page is about Sherbrooke village in Nova Scotia. It is a couple of hours away from Halifax. You can't miss it when you drive along the east coast to the north (route 7).

Sherbrooke village is a living museum with restaured buildings. In each building there is someone in period costume that will tell you a bit more about how live was in this little town in the late-1800's. It was quite fun to walk around in this village and take a look in all the old shops, the black-smith, post office, school, etc.

Let me be your guide today, and show you around in Sherbrooke village. Let's go back into the 1800's.....

This picture is from the sawmill just outside Sherbrooke Village.

• Last visit to Sherbrooke: Jul 2001
  • Intro Updated Mar 10, 2005

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2007 at 3:51 AM

Sherbrooke looks to be a very interesting visit, Simone. Good to see places like this being preserved for historical interest - hate to say it, but I once sat at school bench seats just like those!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2006 at 11:21 AM

Yes, I visited that lovely village; your pages are great!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 12:54 AM

Simone, a very interesting page on this old village!! I have never driven that coast of NS and did not realize this historical village existed. The sawmill reminded me of boyhood days working in my grandfather's steam-driven mill !!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2005 at 3:31 PM

Lovely village! Does it look like old Scotia in Europe?

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2005 at 12:24 PM

The name of the nursing home where I work here in Saskatoon is Sherbrooke. Nice pages.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2005 at 5:00 AM

A very interesting tour. I love this type of living history. The sawmill would especially be lots of fun to visit.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2005 at 1:42 AM

Looks a great place to lose yourself for a while & go back in time. We are hoping to make it to Nova Scotia this year, cant wait!! Lovely page Simone thanks (~_~)

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 7:39 PM

Ohhh, I want a bike like the blacksmith! This is a really fun page, I enjoyed reading it:) Will have to make a point in visiting the next time we make it to Nova Scotia. Thanks for the comment on my homepage, by the way! The wedding is very close!!

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2003 at 8:02 PM

Hey Simmi.. Super page, just love all that historical stuff.. Hope you are enjoying, where ever you are.. Cheers Matey!!!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2003 at 2:19 AM

Beautiful work Simounti! I had the feeling this place is frozen in Time!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Sherbrooke

Have you been to Sherbrooke?