"Saint Paul" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Paul by sim1

Saint Paul Travel Guide: 283 reviews and 556 photos

During August 2007 I made a roundtrip through the north of the USA, visiting amongst others Roosevelt, Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks. Our start and end destination for this trip was the twin cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul. And of course arriving and departing in this city, I had to take take a quick tour of the city as well. As time was limited I focused on only one part of the twin cities, the more older and smaller of the two, the city of Saint Paul.

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Last visit to Saint Paul: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 9, 2007

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2009 at 4:30 AM

Great photos to show us the beauty you found in the cathedral thanks. Would be interesting to find out why Nagasaki is sister city - re their previous history with the USA. The food sounds interesting too.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Great pics. I was surprised to see you were in St. Paul - one of my humble home away from homes (I was born in Minneapolis). If I find your rude waiter, I'll pour my beer on him!

• catnl's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2008 at 2:20 AM

The Quadriga wow what a statue:-)

• lkdahl's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2007 at 3:56 PM

Nice impressions of my hometown. You should have gone to the JJ Hill mansion across the street from the Cathederal. Also the Basilica of St. Mary's in Minneapolis is equally as impressive. You know Minneapolis could not be outdone by it's sister city.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2007 at 1:14 PM

Too bad you had such rotten weather in Saint Paul, but I'm glad you found some parts you liked just the same. This city's main claim to fame for me is that an unusual radio program is broadcast from there: Prairie Home Companion.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2007 at 10:39 AM

A comprehensive, honest assessment of Saint Paul. Love the details about the Cathedral. Architecture is an obsession of mine so I enjoyed your comments about new and old. As always, I enjoy your descriptive tours.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2007 at 3:45 AM

An interesting page, Simone ! I like especially the great details of the cathedral and of course its good to know that the "home" of the peanuts is Saint Paul !

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2007 at 10:46 AM

hi Simone! Extraordinary to see such classical architecture in the US. Key Lime Pie is a regular topic on the forums, haha!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 12:16 PM

An excellent page. I too am fascinated by a combination of old and new architecture but it's a shame you didn't have better weather here - you really need blue sky to set it off :( I loved Peanuts, the Quadriga & the stunning cathedral interior shots

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2007 at 9:12 PM

Good morning simone!Cathedrals, Peanuts, mosiacs, a lovely dome, zoos and then a spot of Great Water brew to end the day sounds like a nice place to visit for a walkabout--Gr8 USA updates and new places..Tim

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Saint Paul

Have you been to Saint Paul?

Latest Activity in Saint Paul