"Going on a canoe trip to Appingedam" Appingedam by sim1

Appingedam Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 80 photos

Appingdam, I've been here so many times in my life. It was only 10 kilometers away from where I used to live, and it is the place where I went to school as a teenager. Appingedam is a nice little town, but the best way to see it is by canoe! So this page is going to let you see Apingedam from a different perspective than normal.... from the water!

The trip starts in Wirdum, and I slowly paddle to Appingedam. I always used to bike this route to school, so for me it is a bit of a flashback in time.

I always looked at the canal while I was biking, spot the birds and see the flowers waving in the wind along the canal. Now I am on the canal, and I am looking up.... it was a wonderful day, beautiful weather, a clear blue sky, and I had wonderful canoe trip. And I would like to share some stories and photos with you of this trip. I hope you will enjoy reading it!

• Intro Updated Jan 30, 2005

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2006 at 1:31 AM

Ahh, how exciting !! I love canoeing and ahh, if it brings me through such a lovely area - even better :-)) Good idea for a long weekend next year :-))

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2004 at 11:49 PM

I think I stumbled over a good thing..I'll be back and here I am, like the Coot, looks a bit like our Pukeko, Sumpfhuhn ^..^..every boat needs a cat, great Flora and Fauna pics wondeful page, just right for a rainy day down under. thanx Simone

• salinhopt's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2004 at 3:28 PM

Hahaha, i never saw kitchens like that, quite nice to have lunch in the river top. I love canoyng also Simone. Great page as usual! :)

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2003 at 8:24 PM

Great pages Simone-Thanks for taking us on the virtual canoe tour- the wildlife looks great- loved the pics of the 'hanging kitchen"

• Drphoto's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2003 at 2:46 AM

O.K.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2003 at 10:19 PM

Cool Intro now i'll check out the tips!!! Now i've done it's great too!! the animals are really cute!!! Hanging Kitchens sounds like Hanging Gardens of Babylon! LOL

• janika's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2003 at 8:59 PM

Nice pix Simone! Hahaha, What's up with all those cats?! :) I like the hanging kitchens over the water ways. I remember many cats in Rome, especially around the Colosseum.

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2003 at 3:55 AM

Wonderful pictures and a wonderful place indeed! Such a canoe trip must be a veeery relaxing thing ... :-)) Really lovely.

• Bonobo2005's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2003 at 1:22 AM

hanging kitchens...fascinerend! wat een gave kanotrip in zo'n typisch dorpje. en wat een mooie foto's!

• asgottl's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2003 at 10:53 PM

Coots are some of my favorite birds...what a beautiful place. And I loved the history regarding the hanging kitchens....thanks!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Appingedam

Have you been to Appingedam?

Latest Activity in Appingedam