"Enkhuizen and the Zuiderzee museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Enkhuizen by sim1
Enkhuizen Travel Guide: 147 reviews and 474 photos
The Zuiderzee museum is an open air museum which shows you life around 1900 in the fishing villages at the Zuiderzee. And it actually felt if I was there during that time. It was like I could see these three fisherman sitting in the harbour chatting with each other, telling stories to each other about their fishing expeditions. I could smell the pipe that the fishingman in the middle is smoking, but also feel the fresh seabreeze, the sound of the seagulls and the smell of fresh fish that was just brought in.
This was the feeling I got at the Zuiderzee museum, but it also felt like this when I walked through Enkhuizen. This is a very old village, with a lively harbour. Everyone was relaxing and having a good time. There were a lot of boats going in and out of the harbour. The following day there was going to be a clipper race on the lake, so it must have been extra busy with all the boats when I was there.
It was great just to hang over the railing, feel the sunshine on my face and watch all these boats pass by. Yes, it was a gorgeous day. It was in the beginning of October, usually we don't have very good weather at this time of the year. But this weekend was an exception. The weather was gorgeous, 20 degrees Celcius and quite a lot of sunshine. The leaves on the trees were turning in all the beautiful fall colours. It was the best autumn weather that I can remember. And now a few days later, while I write this, the weather is still gorgeous. When I look outside and see the sunshine, I picture myself again on one of the terraces in Enkhuizen enjoying my drink and stroll afterwards to one of the fish shops to eat some delicious fresh fish.
The Zuiderzee museum is devided in to two museums; the indoor and the open-air museum. I only went to the open-air... more travel advice
The bakery!!!! Hmmmm, my favourite shop in the museum. Delicious biscuites, cake and CHOCOLATE!!! And the ones that... more travel advice
sim1's Related Pages
Enkhuizen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Enkhuizen - VOC and three herrings"
- "Enkhuizen and the Zuiderzee museum"
- "Southern Sea centre where VOC met the fishermen"
- "Enkhuizen on a rainy day"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Enkhuizen
- Hotels in Enkhuizen
- Transportation in Enkhuizen
- Restaurants in Enkhuizen
- Shopping in Enkhuizen
- Warnings and Dangers in Enkhuizen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Enkhuizen
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Enkhuizen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Enkhuizen
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How bad is the weather in..."
- Commented on one of egonwegh's Enkhuizen travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Zuiderzee museum.... lets get inside"
- updated a Enkhuizen Travel Page "Enkhuizen and the Zuiderzee museum"
- Wrote a Review The Zuiderzee museum in Enkhuizen Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos