"Hoeksmeer" Hoeksmeer by sim1

Hoeksmeer Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 19 photos

Groningen is a perfect place to go birdwatching. It is an area with green pastures, canals, and newly created wetlands.

In this page I want to concentrate on the birds you can find in the area of where I used to live as a child. The best place to watch birds is in Hoeksmeer. I love this place in the northern part of Groningen. It is only a couple of kilometers from the town where I used to live. By the locals it is called "vogeltjes land" which means translated "birdsland".

But birds are not the only thing you can see here. The other thing is this beautiful windmill called "The Meervogel"

• Last visit to Hoeksmeer: May 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 29, 2005

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2006 at 2:13 AM

Wonderful ! Ah, you can't bore me with windmill pictures :-)) And these little birds are just so cute :-))

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2003 at 7:33 AM

Beautiful pages, Simone- loved all the wildlife pics-thanks for sharing

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2003 at 6:55 PM

Prachtig Simone , the names of the birds, some of them ring a bell , my dad must have told us these names when he took all 9 of us for walks in the weilanden (meadows)Beautiful pictures.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2003 at 5:18 AM

Fantastic birdwatching there! I love your pic of Blue heron and all that info on this beautiful page!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2003 at 9:30 PM

Peewit, Peewit.....a funny Bird :-) I realy enjoyed this Summerpage with NZ Winter in my Backyard

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2003 at 1:26 PM

what a pitty!i have answered already for vt travel contest!!! (i don't forget one of your page,OF COURSE!!!!!....among them, a highly difficult choice,indeed!)...I LOVE YOUR BIRDS,even if i love my cats:-)))...tks,simone!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2003 at 8:26 AM

Mils and Swans are just Great!

• truus_s's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2003 at 4:40 AM

Gezellige page!!Fiets je nu nog wel eens in Canada!!?Fietsen is een grote hobby van mij..

• marenloo's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2003 at 1:43 AM

Great ! I love biking in the early morning as well.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2003 at 10:52 PM

Cute Coots! ahaha Great page! It doesnt get any better! Bicycles and windmills!! Super Bird photos!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Hoeksmeer

Have you been to Hoeksmeer?

Latest Activity in Hoeksmeer