"Hoeksmeer" Hoeksmeer by sim1
Hoeksmeer Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 19 photos
Groningen is a perfect place to go birdwatching. It is an area with green pastures, canals, and newly created wetlands.
In this page I want to concentrate on the birds you can find in the area of where I used to live as a child. The best place to watch birds is in Hoeksmeer. I love this place in the northern part of Groningen. It is only a couple of kilometers from the town where I used to live. By the locals it is called "vogeltjes land" which means translated "birdsland".
But birds are not the only thing you can see here. The other thing is this beautiful windmill called "The Meervogel"
And off it goes.... the Blue Heron thought I got a little bit too close for its liking and flew away. I hope you... more travel advice
Here is a closer look at the windmill. I have got many pictures of this windmill, but I won't bore you with all of them... more travel advice
sim1's Related Pages
Hoeksmeer Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hoeksmeer
- 17 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Hoeksmeer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoeksmeer
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 138 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos