"Loppersum : The village where I used to live" Loppersum by sim1

Loppersum Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 25 photos

I have actually no clue why I am writing this page, because I don't think Loppersum is that special. But I've lived here during most of my childhood, so I thought that I ought to make a page about it.

I moved out of the village when I was approximately 21 years old, and haven't been back here very often since than. But just before I left The Netherlands I did pay the village a visit again, and I must admit that the village is quite lovely to see. So when you are in the Province of Groningen you might want to make a stop here.

Loppersum is in east Groningen, just west of Appingedam, and it is an agricultural municipality.

• Pros:The bakery sells delicious "Oude Wijven Koek"
  • In a nutshell:Could be nice for a short stop, but not worth a big detour
  • Last visit to Loppersum: May 2002
  • Intro Updated Sep 15, 2005

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2006 at 2:29 AM

Ahh, lovely place where you lived as a kid :-) Did you notice that the house of Zeerijp almost looks like the little brickmaker's house ?

• Jan 25, 2006 at 11:16 AM

Hallo Simone, Ik vond het zo leuk toen ik alles zag over Loppersum, want ik woon er zelf namelijk ook.

• egonwegh's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2005 at 2:53 AM

Leuke foto's, hoor - niet alleen bloembollenvelden, maar zelfs koolzaad!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2005 at 6:56 AM

Simone, this is a great page on a beautiful little village! It must have been a wonderful place to spend your childhood. I loved your very colourful photos of all the quaint attractions. Yes, I too know all about the wind and biking!

• Ken_Weaver's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2003 at 10:34 AM

Another outstanding page. Many travelers would love this more than the big cities.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2003 at 10:25 AM

Ja I do remember Loppersum Simone ,I think I was there ones when I lived in Delfzijl Thank you for bringing back those nice memories ,you made a beautiful page Good luck with everything you do Simone

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2003 at 2:26 PM

Fantastic pages, Simone. Loved your updates on the homepage too-great stuff

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2003 at 2:49 PM

Simone ~ Loppersum looks so lovely! I can see it being a bit boring to grow up in. . .but for a visit, how relaxing and beautiful the surroundings look. :-)

• dr.firas's Profile Photo

sim1 Used To Live Here!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Loppersum

Have you been to Loppersum?

Latest Activity in Loppersum