"A stormy day in Nijmegen" Nijmegen by sim1

Nijmegen Travel Guide: 413 reviews and 757 photos

On the 3rd of June 2001 I went for a day out to a city called Nijmegen. It is an old town, located in the east of Holland but a bit more to the south than where I used to live.

This day turned out to be a very stormy day, but I didn't want to cancel my plans for a bit of bad weather :-) So I got in the car, smile on my face, ready to have some fun!

After only driving for about 2 miles, all of a sudden the sky seem to open......rain pouring down on me, even hail... what a weather!!!! I don't want to go out in weather like this! I could hardly see the road anymore because of all the rain and hail that was coming down!
It is quite a long drive to Nijmegen from my place, and I nearly turned around half way my journey, there is no fun in walking through a town in this kind of weather!

But I am stubborn, so I decided to go ahead with the journey. I had nothing better to do anyway :-)

So put on your raincoat and follow me on my walk through Nijmegen......

• Last visit to Nijmegen: Jun 2001
  • Intro Updated Jan 25, 2005

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2006 at 1:37 AM

Ts, I am ignorant and stupid ! I did not know that Nijmegen is that beautiful ! Ahh, this castle looks beatiful and the chapel is exactly what I would like to see - ahhh, so simple and beautiful ! :-))

• BeChar's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2005 at 2:15 AM

I was lucky to visit Nijmegen by sunny days. A real difference for the atmosphere and the pictures. Old architecture is not completely lost: model of the castle or reconstruction from 10May2005 of a Donjon (turret) for a magnificent view (48 m high).

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 9:47 AM

Looks like a very nice historic town. Maybe I will go there instead of Haarlem as planned.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2004 at 6:13 AM

Usually I like watching architectural style of the city but the most impressive photo is that umbrella in the garbage. COOL!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2003 at 8:27 PM

Hi Simone Happy New Year. This is a great page , too bad it was a rainy day , pictures never as good then on a sunny day but that is Nederland voor je. prachtig mooi pagina Simone . Take care Simone

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2003 at 5:44 PM

yep, the Dogshit is a real problem in all of Europe, I just don't understand why :-( excellent page Simone....great shots

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2003 at 9:18 AM

Nijmegen is such a beautiful place! :-) I just love the Netherlands!

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2003 at 2:32 PM

Fantatic page, Simone-as usual great insights-would love to visit some day

• xaver's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2003 at 9:45 AM

great photos and really interesting description Simone!

• jide08's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2003 at 7:25 AM

Nice place. Great so many things survived.

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Nijmegen

Have you been to Nijmegen?

Latest Activity in Nijmegen