"A stormy day in Nijmegen" Nijmegen by sim1
Nijmegen Travel Guide: 413 reviews and 757 photos
On the 3rd of June 2001 I went for a day out to a city called Nijmegen. It is an old town, located in the east of Holland but a bit more to the south than where I used to live.
This day turned out to be a very stormy day, but I didn't want to cancel my plans for a bit of bad weather :-) So I got in the car, smile on my face, ready to have some fun!
After only driving for about 2 miles, all of a sudden the sky seem to open......rain pouring down on me, even hail... what a weather!!!! I don't want to go out in weather like this! I could hardly see the road anymore because of all the rain and hail that was coming down!
It is quite a long drive to Nijmegen from my place, and I nearly turned around half way my journey, there is no fun in walking through a town in this kind of weather!
But I am stubborn, so I decided to go ahead with the journey. I had nothing better to do anyway :-)
So put on your raincoat and follow me on my walk through Nijmegen......
For 'grounded' plugs, the Schuko" plug and receptacle with side grounding contacts is used (see picture) The... more travel advice
A bathroom 15th century style :-) It is on the outside of the castle and it is nothing more than a hole in the floor.... more travel advice
sim1's Related Pages
Nijmegen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum"
- "egonwegh's own Nijmegen Page"
- "Nijmegen, residence of ancient emperors"
- "Nijmegen, my hometown"
- "Roeffie's Nijmegen Page"
- "ptitetoile's Nijmegen Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nijmegen
- Hotels in Nijmegen
- Transportation in Nijmegen
- Nightlife in Nijmegen
- Restaurants in Nijmegen
- Shopping in Nijmegen
- Warnings and Dangers in Nijmegen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nijmegen
- 27 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 79 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Nijmegen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nijmegen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos